As we setup the cupboard, it reminded me of Donita Rose and GMA 7's Basta Everyday Happy. No. My kitchen does not look as good, nor do I look as pretty and cook as well as Donita. I just noticed that we still have a couple of liters of Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil which is what Donita used in cooking heart-healthy recipes they showcased on the the show last month. Eight episodes featured Filipino-favorites such as Beef Stew, Crispy Calamari, and one of Donita’s personal favorites “in the whole wide world” as she shares on Instagram, Crispy Binagoongan. She tells of her Beef Kaldereta version “Pinoy ang lasa pero mas bongga! This is my Better Beefier Caldereta made healthier with Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil!” Other healthy everyday recipes included Wholesome Chicken, Paella, and the Heart-Healthy Salmon recipe below.
|Heart-Healthy Recipes in GMA’s Basta Everyday Happy and Sarap Diva|
|Donita Rose shares heart-healthy recipes in Basta Everyday Happy using Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil.|
|Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil keeps your everyday meals healthy with low saturated fat (bad fat) and high monounsaturated fat (good fat) content. It’s Better for the Heart, Better for the Budget!|
|Sarap Diva with Regine Velasquez-Alcasid|
For the Salmon:
2 center-cut salmon fillets (6 oz. each)
1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
¼ cup finely chopped cilanto
2 Tbsp Jolly Canola oil
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Salsa:
1 medium red onion
3 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
3 pcs medium tomatoes
2 firm-ripe avocados
1 pc rip mango
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, or to taste
2. Cook the salmon, skinside down in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, shaking the pan and carefully lifting the salmon with a spatula to loosen it from the pan.
3. Reduce the heat to medium. Cover the pan and cook until the salmon is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes more. The skin should be crisp and the flesh medium rare.
4. To make the salsa: Finely chop onion and mince garlic. In a bowl toss onion and garlic with cilantro.
5. Chop tomatoes and mango, add to onion mixture, tossing to combine.
6. Peel and pit avocados and cut into 3/4-inch pieces. Add avocados, lime juice, and pepper to taste. Spoon over cooked salmon.
Pork Steak with Mushroom Bits
|Pork Steak with Mushroom Bits|
1/2 cup soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp ground paprika
2 tbsps Jolly Canola Oil
2-3 tbsps chopped garlic
2 cans Jolly Button Mushroom Whole, cut in half
1/2 cup red wine
2 tbsps butter
garnish with some toasted garlic and chopped parsley
2. Preheat a pan with some Jolly Canola Oil and cook the pork cubes until slightly brown in color.
3. Remove from pan. Toss in the chopped garlic and Jolly Button Mushrooms. Saute then season with some salt, pepper and ground paprika.
4. Deglaze with the red wine then simmer until sauce is slightly thick.
5. Mix in the cooked pork and cold butter.
6. Transfer to a plate then garnish with some toasted garlic and chopped parsley.
Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil is exclusively distributed by Fly Ace Corporation. It is available in all major supermarkets nationwide. Learn more about Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil at www.flyacecorp.com.