A few weeks ago, I was asked to list 10 Things That Makes Me Happy. It took me the whole day to think about this. I realized I just don't focus on ME enough to know what's making me happy. Here's the list I came up with.
10 Things That Makes Me Happy
- Every single milestone my daughter achieves. Specially if I was there to see it the first time.
- Movie time/Date with my husband
- Ice Cream and chocolates. Anything sweet really.
- Joining and winning raffles and contests. I just love free stuff!
- Carefree time with friends and family. No deadlines to think about.
- Cold beer at the beach.
- Accomplished goals. Got 2 big goals done recently: get a car and move to a more decent place.
- A simple smile from Mila
Most of these are simple stuff that I get and see everyday. I'm thinking I should not be so stressed right? But I am! Maybe because I do not actively look or search for my happiness. I decide to stay happy. I want my year to stay positive and I will work on keeping it that way. It does not take much really. Aside from the 10 things listed above, I decided I will have a sort of bucket list. Just a small list of things I plan to do to constantly stay happy and positive.
10 Things That Will Keep Me Happy
- Exercise at least 30 minutes daily. A Healthier me is a happier me.
- Go to the park with my daughter Mila every weekend. She is my unending source of happiness.
- Have baby-free dates with hubs. He was and will always be my partner so I better take care of us too.
- Be debt free. Clear out my credit card balance. No explanation needed.
- Share a smile with one stranger daily. Happiness is contagious.
- Learn and complete one new craft every week. Or finish a new book. Small accomplishments can boost my self-confidence a lot.
- Go to work and attend church consistently. No late or absences. I have to take care of my financial and spiritual needs too.
- Forgive and forget. Having peace of mind is always positive.
- Avoid mediocrity on everything I do.
- Regularly schedule a "beautify-me" day. Looking good can make you feel good.
I think this is doable. With the level of stress that I have, there's not a better time to start than now. There are a thousand other things that can make me happy. This small list will hopefully help make me happier, healthier, and more radiant!
I wonder what makes you happy?