If you want a fun food to bring to your holiday potluck or serve on the table on Christmas or New Year's Eve, try considering Tacos.
For the last two years, my husband and I had Tacos for our holiday meal. It's light enough for midnight snack. It's perfect to pair with two bottles of ice cold beer to toast the night away.
This year, I'm serving up a jazzed up version of our family's holiday classic. Using Jolly Cream of Mushroom and Jolly Mushrooms, we got a perfect Beef and Mushroom Taco recipe. I recently found out that mushroom is one of the foods that give a natural umami flavor when cooked. That means this Beef and Mushroom Taco recipe will surely leave you salivating and licking those fingers clean. No crumbs left behind.
1/2 cup Jolly Mushrooms, minced
1/2 kilo ground beef
1 can (10.5 oz) Jolly Condensed Cream of Mushroom
1/4 cup water
1 pack (40g) Taco Mix
1 Tbsp paprika
1. Saute Jolly Mushroom. Add some salt to draw the liquid out of the mushrooms and help it develop the umami taste that will make you want more. Add onion and garlic.
2. When onion is cooked, add the ground beef. Cover the pan and cook on medium high heat, stirring occasionally. Wait until Beef turns brown.
3. Add the Jolly Cream of Mushroom. Add water and stir until thoroughly mixed. (you can dilute the Cream of Mushroom with some water before adding to the pan if you prefer).
4. Add Taco powder, paprika and cayenne pepper. Add a little at a time, tasting in between because some brands of Taco powder can be really salty. Cook until liquid is reduced to half.
5. Remove from heat and transfer to a strainer. Catch the sauce in a bowl. Add a dollop of sour cream (all purpose cream can substitute). You now have your delish sauce.
6. Transfer the meat back into the pan and cook for a few more minutes to brown. Serve with slices of lemon.
Tip: when building your Taco, add the cabbage at the bottom so it will drippings from the salsa, meat, and sauce to prevent the shells from getting soggy.